Tuesday, September 18, 2012

She


There is a song by Elvis Costello called “She”.  I love that song and for some reason it reminds me of my wife.  I think at first she felt it was a bit of a slam, but as you listen to it, you realize, how, no matter what, he loves her regardless.  I feel this way about my wife.  Anyway, if I could write a song I would, but I am not that good at it.  So, here is my “She” to my Wife!
I love my wife very much.  We’ve been married for 12 ½ years and from what I can see, she still loves me, despite me.  I thought with all the recent events that have happened in our life, the fire, wind blowing our trailer off the back driveway, the flood to our home, I thought I would take a moment and let her be the news for a change and not the events, myself or others, but her, my sweetheart!  Here are the reasons why she is so great, so significant and so important to me and my family!
1.       She loves me, despite me.
2.       She forgives me.
3.       She is or kids best friend, she is my best friend.
4.       She makes me feel like I am on top of the world, even when I am an ID10T error!
5.       She is very smart; you should see how much homework she teaches the kids.
6.       She is very organized.  There is no one else like her.  Everything has a place and a purpose.
7.       She prays to God, and prays for our family.
8.       She is the most beautiful person I have ever known.  No other has ever grabbed my attention like she did, and still does.  More beautiful every day.
9.      She takes good care of herself, but does not seek attention for this.
10.   She thinks things through.  She never rushes into a snap decision.
11.   She is a very patient person.  She knows how to deal with pressure and stress better than most.
12.   She is a wonderful cook.  My Mom is great, but my Wife is the best!
13.   She is very frugal, thrifty, and not cheap.
14.   She loves beautiful jewelry.  There is never enough budget for that.
15.   We enjoy the same things, movies, talking, flirting, and laughing.
16.   She cares for others, worries for others.  She always looks at the others point of view.
17.   She is the greatest mother in the world.  Our children have great strength and confidence because of their mother.
18.   She loves me, despite me.

2 comments:

  1. I could see her in all 18 comments. She really is all those things. Very genuine, good, kind hearted person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. You do have a gem of a wife. I feel bad we don't get together more often. I remember when I first met her I was so bummed you guys lived in Texas. Now you are so close, I shouldn't have any more excuses! This blog is awesome. Keep it up! Give everyone my love,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete